Friday 27 December 2013

Theme Moodboard


I have decided that I want my music video to incorporate a tribal theme and will demonstrate this through the use of costume and make up. I am using brightly coloured outfits, mostly in primary colours. I created this moodboard to give me some ideas of how to style my main character so that the tribal theme is obvious. From making this moodboard and researching the tribal style, I found that bright colours are often used and bold patterns are also used. In relation to jewellery, the layering of different necklaces, usually statement necklaces, is often used and lots of large bangles are also worn. I decided on the tribal theme because when I listened to the song I am using for my music video it reminded me of summer and the sunshine, a time in which tribal styling is often seen. Also, when listening to the song, African countries and South American countries came to mind, as steel drums are used in the song and this instrument is native to these countries. Tribal clothing originated in these countries and the designers of the tribal style clothing, that is seen in a lot of shops, have taken inspiration from the clothes of the natives from these countries when designing the clothes. This is why I think a tribal theme running throughout the video would be appropriate when taking the sound of the song into consideration, in relation to the type of instruments used in the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment