Tuesday 11 February 2014

Font Research

I used the website dafont.com to look for fonts to use on my ancillary texts. I decided on this font;
to use for my artists name as it is bold, will stand out to an audience, it is not too fancy so it is easy to read and easily recognisable. The font is also not too plain and so will be memorable. An audience will look at it and automatically know what artist it is. Some of the other fonts I looked at were too 'handwriting' like and so were hard to read. If an audience were to look at the font, they wouldn't be able to read it easily. A font on a digipak or magazine advert should jump off the page so that it catches the audiences eye so that they will stop and look at the digipak and advert.
I also quite liked the look of this font and I considered this for my ancillary texts as it is quite unique and would stand out to an audience. It would also be quite a memorable font and easily recognisable. It is easy to read and so may catch an audiences eye. If I used it on my ancillary texts, below would be the outcome;



















I do like the look of this font on my front cover but my original font is easier to read and looks like it would link more to my genre of music for my work which is dance as the font was called 'will.i.am' as it was inspired by the font he uses on albums and as he is a dance/pop/rnb artist, the font should work well on my work if it works well on his. The font for the name of the song 'I Got U' is hard to see on top of this font though which is another reason why I prefer the other font. The song name also needs to be readable and stand out which it does not when using this font.

No comments:

Post a Comment